First, I want to thank David for offering me the privilege of hosting episode 6 of Leftover Tuesdays, his event celebrating the underdog in all of our kitchens. I also want to apologize to the participants for the delay in getting the round up out -- it's been a hectic summer around here. And now, without further ado, I bring you this month's collection of leftover masterpieces:
1. Dayna from Vegan Visitor starts us out. Have you got veggies languishing in the back of your crisper? Too hot to cook? Who needs a burger? Head on out to the grill and try her Grilled Veggie Panini.
2. Next up, Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe in Melbourne Australia provides another inventive solution for leftover veggies: turning leftover dumpling stuffing and a carrot bean dip from previous projects into some eye-catching Beetroot Koftas in Carrot Sauce. She goes on to whip up a couple of sides from yet more stockpiled leftovers, and emerges with a "delicious pot luck supper."
3. Lisa of Lisa's Kitchen in London, Ontario Canada offers us a third summer-light vegetarian venue for leftover refried beans with her Egg & Cornmeal Pudding with Refried Beans. No refried beans in the 'fridge? Toss in some mushrooms, grilled corn, roasted peppers, grilled zucchini -- whatever's available in your kitchen or abundant in your garden.
4. Indulging our sweet tooth, Sarina of TriniGourmet in Trinidad delivers these tempting Ginger Trigs -- taking a disappointing recipe for Ginger Squares and adding a bit of her own spicy Carribean flair.
5. Last month's LOT hostess Pam of Project Foodie in Silicon Valley, California checks in, completely revamping leftover grilled chicken into some mouth-watering Chicken and Black Bean Burritos. Pam's goal: a one dish meal that transforms the chicken beyond leftovers. Mission Accomplished.
6. Another bay area neighbor, Tigerfish of Teczcape shares her passion for soba noodles with this alliterative Korean Spicy Seafood Soba. Twenty minutes, fridge to table, using a handful of leftovers and pantry staples. My kind of meal!
7. From Ontario Canada, Megan of What's Cooking brings us breakfast redux, in the form of her scrumptious-looking Belgian Waffle Bread Pudding. This one's worth busting out the waffle maker...
8. Rounding out this month's photographic collection is our fearless founder David of Cooking Chat in Massachusetts, offering an ode to summer's favorite outdoor appliance: the barbeque grill. His recipe: Beef and Bean Burritos assembled from leftover grilled burgers.
9. Pictured in the post below, I took a handful of leftover veggies and cheese and stuffed a baked potato for my contribution.
Those are our entries... now it's your turn. Check out the recipes. Try them out. Let me know what you think. Pick your favorite creative re-application of the lowly leftover and let me know about it. Send me an email to dolores dot ferrero at gmail dot com by Sunday July 15, and I'll post the winner shortly thereafter.
Technorati Tags: Food Blog Event | Leftover Tuesdays