August 16, 2006

Around the Bay in 7 Days -- A Farmers' Market Tour Wrap-Up

An early morning start, a breezy ferry ride, and a stroll along the ferry plaza in San Francisco on Saturday.

Due to scheduling constraints on both ends, Sunday's sojourn to Walnut Creek was far more structured.

Mondays there aren't any markets, so I settle for an after-work stop at the Windmill Farmstand, a cooperative of local farmers with a delightful open air market less than a mile from home. I love love L-O-V-E living in California...

Tuesday's meeting schedule meant no daytime excersions, so I trekked across another bridge and enjoyed the sunset view from San Mateo's 25th Avenue farmers' market.

Wednesday the market came to me, in the form of my bi-weekly CSA box.

Thursday I headed to the "hometown" market in Danville.

Friday I took a sunny late morning stroll through the Cupertino market at Valco Shopping Center.

Saturday we found ourselves back in San Francisco -- thie time tagging along while Daniel & Tracy stocked the restaurant.

Curious about other markets around the world? Check out the round up for Food Destinations 2 - the Local Market.

0 comments: