February 19, 2008

Glorious Gateau

Today my lean six sigma team launches the customer survey that will define our project's scope and direction...

I've spent the last two weeks suspended in survey questions, tweaking and testing and tweaking some more to ensure we're exploring every avenue, asking the right things the right way...

I managed to make my Lemon Meringue Tarts within days of the January Daring Baker challenge post date, but it's taken me three weeks to get the post up...

I've got outlines and drafts galore, but less than two months in I'm several weeks behind at the whole Blog 365 thing...

Yeah, this is the PERFECT time to take on yet another challenge in the kitchen.

But I've been drooling over other people's posts for far too long now. Tuesday's with Dorie, here I come...

Dorie belongs to the 'three D' club in my kitchen... I discovered her (and David Lebovitz and Donna Hay) with a little help from my ever-expanding blog network. (And they each own at least partial responsibility for my ever-increasing waistline).

Brought to us by Nikki over at Crazy Delicious, today's challenge is an "Almost Fudge" Gateau. "Almost Fudge" indeed.

In a belated tribute to Valentine's Day, I baked these in the small heart shaped springforms I purchased for last summer's award winning "Peabody". One recipe filled four little pans and each heart-shaped treat serves four without leaving anyone deprived or overwhelmed. Guilt-free indulgence, my favorite kind!

Except for the downsizing, I followed the recipe as published, and dressed it up with the last remnants of of Tierra's Strawberry Chipotle Jam. The result: a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, rich and creamy chocolate love.

Thanks Dorie! Thanks Nikki! Thanks Laurie! Can't wait to try next week's recipe...

Technorati Tags: | | | | Key Ingredient:

15 comments:

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

YUM!!! Yours looks delicious! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and strawberry jam... could it get any better? What a nice topping idea! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! The heart-shaped pan was perfect for this challenge! I love your topping - I bet it was delish!

slush said...

It looks amazing. I love the idea of topping it with jam. YUM! I am so glad you joined us! xo

Anonymous said...

i didnt think of pairing it with jam/preserves *facepalm*
well done, you!!

TPOX said...

ooo that jam sounds so good, and perfect for the gateau! Good job!

Judy said...

Wow! strawberry chipotle jam! That kick of chile should go great with the chocolate.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Love the gateau and the addition of the jam is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant combination! The jam sounds really good, and I'd love to try it with the chile kick.

Veron said...

The jam sounds perfect with the chocolate. Great combo!

April said...

Oh, I love the spicy with the chocolate...then the strawberries! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I like the addition of the strawberry jam. Strawberry and chocolate is always a good combo! I also like the heart shaped pans. Great job!

Peabody said...

I bet that jam totally kicked it up.

Melissa said...

Oooohh, I made mini ones too. The jam looks great!

Jaime said...

looks great!