March 04, 2008

Dorie & Blake: the Love Child

Ha! Now that I've got your attention... :D

Brought to us by Erin of Dinner & Dessert, this week's Tuesday with Dorie challenge is a grown-up look at a childhood favorite: Snickery Squares.

Come on, you remember...

Caramel.

Peanuts.

Chocolate.

How can one improve on that kind of perfection?

By taking a dab of Dorie and adding a bit of Blake. In the form of his now legendary Peanut Butter Dulce de Leche, which arrived in my mailbox the morning I embarked on this sugar-coated adventure. Rather than supplement my little jar of the good stuff with (gasp) commercial DDL, I spread Blake's bounty over the shortcrust pastry, then layered the commercial stuff on top and added the candied peanuts.

The result? My tasters loved my "love children," which disappeared before I could pull out the camera for a bit of photographic evidence. Lots of other bloggers have great pictures of their Snickery Squares though. Check out the blog roll at Tuesdays with Dorie. And if you want to jump on Blake's bandwagon of merry sooper heroes head on over and join Soopz.

From the archives...
In 2006 we made the extreme Lenten sacrifice at Santana Row's Blowfish Sushi.
In 2007 I returned from an extended hiatus to announce the pending DMBLGIT.

Technorati Tags: | |

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

My tasters loved my "love children," which disappeared before I could pull out the camera for a bit of photographic evidence. - I think this statement speaks loudly of this snack.

Peabody said...

An excellent idea. I love those squares and I loved the PBDDL.