May 22, 2008

A shoe-in for a reservation...

Saw this over at Eater SF and it amused me... perhaps because picture-less reviews of our experiences at several local eateries are coming soon to a blog near you. I like to think I'm an exception to their critique of food blog reviewers... my pictures probably suck but I'm a fair judge of what works and what doesn't... and willing to admit that my experience is just that... *my* experience, which may not be indicative of reality.

From the archives...
In 2006 I indulged in some food blog silliness.

1 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

You know, mostly I think their problem is sour grapes, in a way. 'Actual' food reviewers tend to be ... well, a bit less ... brutally honest about a place than bloggers. So, the restaurants want a reviewer to come in & review them, rather than a blogger. The reviewer gets paid, and has a boss to complain to, and the blogger is just going to put press out there, however things turn out.

It's the same way with the literary world: paid reviewers hate bloggers, because of many of the same reasons.