May 08, 2008

TWD: Two great tastes...



Okay so perhaps I'm showing my age, but Dorie's taken one of my favorite kid candies and turned it into a grown up treat. And then Elizabeth at Ugg Smell Food chose it as this week's TWD assignment. A creamy, dreamy, chocolate and peanut buttery Peanut Butter Torte.

I could have subtitled this post "How to Torment your Personal Trainer." Because I didn't want the cream, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in this one taking up permanent residence on my waistline, I chose to make it in "mini" heart shaped torte-letts. "Mini" torte-letts that would easily serve 3 people each. And I wasted NO time shuttling them out of my refrigerator and onto the dessert menus of friends and family everywhere.

The morning after I made them, John had a standing appointment with our trainer Lisette. Lisette is our personal antidote to all of the caloric wonderment you see on this blog; she is in our lives so that our mutual love of food doesn't turn us into middle aged diabetic heart attack candidates in the making. She provides both the trade-off to a weekend of indulgence and the voice of conscience that keeps us from sliding into OVERindulgence. And she apparently has a weakness for peanut butter. A weakness John chose to exploit...by taking her a torte all her own.

Like a lot of my friends and acquaintances at the other end of Generation X, Lisette's favorite form of communication is the cryptic text message. So I came out of my Wednesday morning staff meeting with my cell phone alerting me of a new message:

OMG! U R Fired! So good!

I guess she liked it. And I'll probably pay for that on Friday...

A peanut butter & chocolate care package to the first reader who identifies the actors in my classic commercial. No fair Googling it!

From the archives...
In 2006 I found a food blogging meme and shared some linky love.

Technorati Tags: | | | Key Ingredient:

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I can't wait to see your planet cheesecake pops!

Peabody said...

It was a good one. I like the mini peanut butter cups on top.

Engineer Baker said...

Haha, talk about sabotage! Nice!

Bumblebutton said...

Hah! I love stories like that! Hope she (and you) aren't still suffering!

Anonymous said...

Feeding your personal trainer high calorie treats! You should be ashamed! Wait, ashamed is the wrong word. You should be gloating!

mimi said...

you are sooo going to pay for that on friday! but glad those mini tortes came out so good!

eatme_delicious said...

Mmm looks good. I need to make this...