January 03, 2008

What WILL they think of next?

A ten minute field trip with Google indicates that this has been around for a couple of years, but it's a first for me.

One of the perks of a project launch at work was a catered lunch today. A rather nice catered lunch, all things considered. Teriyaki chicken over rice, tofu and vegetables, fresh green salad, and banana bread bites. I wish I'd had my camera...

But the surprise for me (and many of my colleagues) was the spray-on salad dressing.

For an office buffet, we decided it's a great idea. Individuals can add as much or as little dressing as they want to their personal salads (thought delivery takes a while in any significant quantity). There's none of the mess associated with a half dozen bottles of dressing open and dripping everywhere. And it's probably a bit more sanitary.

I chose the Caesar Delight flavor. According to Wish-Bone this is the classic Caesar in a rich vinaigrette dressing made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cheddar and Romano cheeses, spices and a touch of lemon juice. Spritz your salad just the right amount. At just 2 calories per spray, you can reward your taste buds and your waistline.

Hmmm. My version of "Classic Caesar" includes anchovy and egg, but okay...

From the archives: a year ago today, I got creative with puff pastry.

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

Douglas Cress said...

I would be the only one spraying the bottle 150 times :(

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I don't have any of these at home, but I have tried them from my more health conscious friends. I have a sprayer for my olive oil...does that make me health conscious???

Cynthia said...

When I first heard of this, my thought was exactly what you wrote for the heading of this post (lol)

Anonymous said...

This is the first I'm hearing about it. I'm always out of the loop! :)

breadchick said...

I was wondering about these when I see them in the store.

I'm not sure yet but your comment how they taste made me one step closer to actually putting one in my office fridge.

... said...

this is soo funny, my neighbor was just raving about the "spray dressing" she'd used recently and which flavor it was. I've never had the pleasure