May 18, 2006

A farmer's market drive-by


Heading to Rockin' Jokers on a Wednesday evening, we happen to spot a farmers' market that bears investigation.

Because we've got time (and because John knows I'm developing an obsessive love for farmers markets, and because he enjoys them too) we pull into the lot for a look.

Corn on the cob-on-a-stick - if only I hadn't just eaten...

We found an herb farm vendor - I'm going to try to grow rosemary, John's trying his hand at habanero...

And the vegetable discovery of the season -- fava beans (with or without a nice chianti).

Strawberries & balsamic and strauss cream and shortcake... oh my!

"Small Bees" - honey, skin cream, and some of the most beautiful handmade candles I have ever seen.

We WILL be back on an empty stomach!

Cambrian Park Farmers’ Market, San Jose
Located on the corner of Camden & Union Avenues
Wednesdays, from 4:00pm – 8:00pm
May 10th – October 25 (2006 season)

0 comments: