December 30, 2006

2006 in words and pictures...

Got this idea from Frectis, who I found through my midday surfing of holildailies.

1. -
2. I never know how to start these things...
3. Somewhere between the "Gorton's fisherman" Fridays of my childhood (complete with a commercial tartar sauce my brother euphemistically referred to as "pickles and puke") and my later discovery of (and ultimate obsession with) all things sushi, I think I lost touch with the whole Lenten sacrifice thing.
4. Friday finds us Nibbling again.
5. Day one of the Eat Local Challenge finds your heroine headed to Whole Foods -- for perhaps the very first time without a shopping list -- on a quest for foods produced locally.
6. What to do with halibut caught locally in Half Moon Bay?
7. “Some people wanted champagne and caviar when they should have had beer and hot dogs.” (Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1890-1969)
8. August in Northern California brings some of my favorite colorful fruits and vegetables to the table.
9. In the scheme of things, it's rather plain and unassuming.
10. Somehow I made it through...Didn't know how lost I was until I found you...
11. Welcome to November.
12. I remember the moment like it was yesterday.

There you have it. The first sentences of the first posts for each month of 2006. It's been quite a journey through the magical, mystical world of food. (And you can bet I'm going to be pondering my first words of 2007 carefully...

Technorati Tags: |

0 comments: