Here we are again, approaching the end of one year and the beginning of another. Presenting list geeks everywhere with the opportunity to assess the state of the world in one of our favorite formats. Yep, you got it: Lists! Lots and lots of lists!
Today I reflect on the restaurant meals we've eaten over the course of the past year:
- In spite of a statistically significant number of Friday nights spent at Table Number Eleven, we did manage to sample many other bay area eateries.
- Post-bocce dining proved a mixed bag: some wins, some losses.
- When we weren't Nibbling, we were often exploring the sushi scene. We've enjoyed Nigiri sushi. Maki sushi. Stunt sushi. Trendy sushi. Expensive sushi. Cheap sushi.
- Fine dining was also a hit or miss proposition. Piatti Locali was a hit. Espetus and The Melting Pot, not so much so.
- We returned to some perennial favorites, even when they didn't always live up to our expectations.
- We explored the cuisines of many cultures near and far...
- Dined like royalty on the vacation of a lifetime...
- And enjoyed plenty of pizza, burgers and the occasional hot dog closer to home.
Stay tuned for part two: the recipes we prepared at home.
Technorati Tags: Restaurants | Reflections