November 07, 2006

Yah Mon -- Exploring Ocho Rios for Jamaican Jerk Pork

After an adventurous if not aerobic morning spent swimming with our new dolphin friend Skye and climbing a waterfall...

Do not adjust your monitors, you read correctly... I said climbing a waterfall. I can't consistently find forty five minutes a day to get to the gym or take a walk, but spent a week in the tropics and I'm signing up to climb waterfalls. I believe I've lost my mind. Every muscle in my body aches -- but I've got some GREAT pictures I plan to share when we get back next week.

But I digress. After the morning's adventure, we went searching for jerk pork. And found it in an open-air downtown street food stand/bar called Jerk Centre. A half pound of melt-in-your-mouth, spicy without melting your tastebuds off pork loin for eight bucks. A Bob Marley CD in the background.

Yep, I can see why folks call this paradise...

1 comments:

wheresmymind said...

I'll bet there has been plenty of Buffet playing on the radio too ;)