April 07, 2008

Why pay $6 at Safeway?

...when leftovers make a sensational lunch?

When Pam announced April's edition of Leftover Tuesday, I knew exactly what my contribution would be.

I've been on a panini kick for the last few weeks, despite their exorbitant retail price. When I whipped up Joe's Cocoa Chili Rubbed Chicken (itself a product of leftovers and pantry staples) last week, I knew that the two leftover breast fillets would make a sensational chicken salad.

I shredded the chicken, sliced up a shallot, added in a handful of dried cranberries and tossed it all with a tablespoon of mayonnaise. Piled the salad on some crusty wheat bread with a couple slices of avocado and a handful of spring greens. Warmed it up on the grill pan and served it with the ubiquitous broccoli salad.

From the archives...
In 2007 I cooked with quinoa to combat cancer.

Technorati Tags: | | Key Ingredient:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost seems like the perfect storm of leftovers. I'm always amazed how many meals a single chicken can be used for!

Cynthia said...

You can make me left overs any day my dear.

Peabody said...

Some good looking leftovers!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I bought a panini press last weekend and mmmmmm... I'm loving it. This looks so good!

Deborah said...

Leftovers like that are the best!

Deeba PAB said...

I LOVE your post. Missed Pam's leftover Tuesdays for April...& flet bad coz I always do planty of leftover cooking. Had made a chicken salad with pineapples that I wanted to post! O well...thanks for stopping by the DB post. Was a GREAT surprise! Cheers Deeba