April 15, 2008

Cheetah-licious: It's a Marshmallow World


It's a marshmallow world in the winter,
When the snow comes to cover the ground,
It's the time for play,
it's a whipped cream day,
I wait for it all year round.
Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly,
In the arms of the evergreen trees,
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head,
It's shining so your nose won't freeze.
The world is your snowball, see how it grows,
That's how it goes, whenever it snows,
The world is your snowball just for a song,
Get out and roll it along.


Imagine my surprise when a Google search for the lyrics to this classic kids' holiday tune led me to that Disney Dynasty: the Cheetah Girls. Yeah, the Cheetah Girls. You know... the kid from the Cosby show. And the blonde that danced with Kristi Yamaguchi's partner in LAST season's Dancing with the Stars...

Where am I going with this? This week's Tuesday with Dorie assignment, chosen by Judy over at Judy's Gross Eats celebrates the star of the s'more, the king of the krispie treat, the sweet silky sweet potato topping: the Marshmallow.

As she often does, Dorie gave us options with this recipe. Chocolate marshmallows. Pumpkin marshmallows. I took the recipe another direction, pulling out my prized bottle of lavender extract and creating lavender-scented marshmallows.

Oh. My. Gawd.

Ladies and gentlemen if the marshmallow cream I poured into the pan is any indication, this 'grown up' version of the classic confection is going to be quite a crowd pleaser. And I have big plans for my finished marshmallows. Stop by later this week and see...

From the archives...

In 2006 we visited a marvel of modern marketing capitalizing on a Hollywood legend.

Technorati Tags: | | Key Ingredient:

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Ooooh, lavender marshmallows! Great idea!

Peabody said...

Lavendar...very nice. I love all the varieties that people did.

Engineer Baker said...

Lavender sounds amazing! Now I'm contemplating the more grown-up options - rosewater, orange blossom, lavender...

LyB said...

That sounds lovely!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Can't wait for more! Lavender is my favorite. Must find lavender extract!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I love that song! It's not as well known as some others, but it's so whimsical. And so is your marshmallow!

Cynthia said...

I love the new look, especially the header!

Jaime said...

nice! can't wait to see what you do w/them

Jaime said...

nice! can't wait to see what you do w/them

Carla said...

Lavender marshmallows! Holly cow. You are brilliant!