July 14, 2008

One local salad

THIS is what I love about summers in Northern California. Fresh local ingredients at my fingertips, easily assembled into delicious feasts celebrating the season.

In this case, I took arugula and peaches from my CSA box. Added a delightful hunk of Cypress Grove's "Truffle Tremor" goat cheese that we picked up at a recent visit to Oxbow Public Market in Napa. And took inspiration from this recipe at Adventures in the Kitchen.

Rather than firing up the Weber to serve one, I "grilled" the peaches on the stove while I assembled the spicy peach sauce, which I also heated and drizzled it over the salad like a dressing. The result: simple yet soulfully satisfying.

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way this sounds. I've been eating a lot of salads & I really enjoy adding fruit to the mix. I might have to follow your lead & sign up for a CSA box. One of my friends does that too & enjoys it. I'm in San Jose - w're practically neighbors. ;)

xoxox Amy

Anonymous said...

Stone fruit have been fabulous this year! I've been thinking about heading up to Brentwood for some u-pick peaches and nectarines, but it's so much closer to get a box at Costco. Your salad looks great!

Dragon said...

What a great sounding combination of flavours. It looks wonderful.

Mansi said...

I totally agree with your californian summer thought! and peaches and goat cheese are such a perfect pair! love everything about this salad:)

btw, it'd be great if you could send this in for my healthy cooking blog event:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. Isn't it great to support and enjoy local produce!