March 30, 2008

My party's been postponed...

In her introduction, Dorie suggests flagging this recipe with a brightly colored post-it for future reference.

With a fairly full plate in my professional, personal and culinary life right now *and* the big 4-0 looming next week (and John's birthday following the day after) I'm going to take her advice.

So if you're interested in following my experience with Dorie's Perfect Party Cake, the recipe Morven of Food, Art and Random Thoughts chose for this month's Daring Baker challenge, you'll have to come back on April 9. But don't wait for me. There are hundreds of creative adaptations of this amazing recipe popping up all over the internets. Head on over to the Daring Baker Blog Roll to check them out.

Technorati Tags: | |

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photo! Makes me really want to get the book.

creampuff said...

Dolores,

I love the new look of your blog and congratulations on the upcoming big birthday ... see you for the next challenge!

Anonymous said...

Ooh the book looks great! Remind me when it is made, can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Bumblebutton said...

Happy upcoming 4-0! The cake will be worthy of such an event, for sure--I'll be sure to check back.