March 18, 2008

Raisins A'blazin'

For some of the Doristas, it was setting raisins on fire that put the fear of the pastry gods in them. For others, it was working with yeast. Or making pastry cream.

For me it was all about the temptation. Three cubes of butter. 12 egg yolks. A dozen warm gooey cinnamon-y raisin pastries whispering in my ear. The voice of my personal trainer as she outlined the regimen I'd have to undergo to work them off in another.

So I decided to share the wealth. Save them for the holiday weekend, when we'd have a house guest. Only to discover he is diabetic, so sugary breakfast treats are out. Strike two.

But this week's Tuesdays with Dorie assignment came from Peabody. I *couldn't* skip it. So I've got a double recipe of Brioche Raisin Snails in my freezer, waiting for my next set of hapless victims beloved house guests. Stay tuned... I'll be back in mid-April to let you know how "home made slice and bake" works out...

From the archives...
In 2007, another update on DMBLGIT.

Technorati Tags: | |

0 comments: