June 01, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon

No, I'm not a Barefoot Blogger. Not that the idea doesn't appeal, but a girl's got to know her limitations. I'm already chronically late for Tuesdays with Dorie and the Daring Bakers. Between the two, I'm going a long way to keeping the butter and egg industries afloat in the bay area. Ina does some amazing things, but she's no stranger to saturated fat... and if I add two or three of her recipes to my queue each month my trainer and my doctor will have my head. So I'm content to sit on the sidelines and watch. Until images of Herbed Baked Eggs start appearing all over my blog reader.

Reading through the recipe, it occurs to me that I can do this one "locally," making it my first contribution to One Local Summer. Eggs from my brother's chickens. Herbs from my CSA. Cream and butter from the friendly folks at Strauss Family Creamery. And it doesn't take two days to construct.

And so Ina's eggs became the base for a couple of lazy weekend breakfasts, served simply with a couple of Boccalone's Easton Breakfast Sausage links and a wedge of organic bread toasted to sop up the eggy goodness.

From the archives...
In 2006 I went a little local with Halibut Olympia.
In 2007 I channeled my inner Shakespeare.

Technorati Tags: | | Key Ingredient:

5 comments:

Erika said...

What a great breakfast or brunch recipe! Yum!

Unknown said...

Glad you tried it out - such a good all-around egg recipe. I was even able to make mine mostly local, which in CT is a challenge (unlike in my wonderful native Bay Area - I hope you know how lucky you are)!

Peabody said...

Yeah, I can't do one more group either. :) I am getting bad about staying on top of them.
Great looking eggs.

Beth said...

I found this recipe in one of Ina Garten's cookbooks and fell in love with it. I do it with whatever herbs I have on hand, and it always turns out delicious. My boyfriend loves them too!

Meryl said...

That's part of what I loved about this one. Local eggs and cheese, herbs from the garden--it's so nice when you can do that!