December 14, 2007

Conservative, yet... Purple?

Kitchen Appliances and Gadgets at The Purple Store

Like the purple family car that inspired the subject line (an inside joke among my friends a decade ago) this defies explanation.

It doesn't match anything in my kitchen.

I already have a nice fully-functional, goes-with-everything white one. And a hand mixer. And several whisks.

But I found this while I was blog surfing, and it's like a magnetic field I can't control -- I keep gravitating back to it.

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! I have a Kitchenaid mixer from a few years back in periwinkle (my favorite color), and I LOVE it too! I can't remember KitchenAid's name for the color, but it's beautiful. So I might be just a tad biased, but I say go for it!

Every time I walk into my kitchen I see it shining back at me and even though it doesn't go with anything in our kitchen, it goes with me, and that's enough. : *)

breadchick said...

While shopping for accessories to go with my newly acquired Kitchenaid, I noticed this one in their "special outlet" pricing. I was "this" close to purchasing the one I did in that purple because it was well...purple.

Maybe my 2nd one will be purple...

David T. Macknet said...

It'd be fabulous ... except that this particular one is not the 'professional' one. So, if you could find the right model in purple, then you'd be in business. Otherwise, to help you over your obsession: this model has a tilt head, which is a point of failure & aggravation; it has a less powerful drive system; it won't hold as much dough (and who wants to knead only two loaves at a time?); and the list goes on.

You could paint yours, though, or apply decals....

Cynthia said...

I want one.

Barbara said...

I have a blue Kitchen Aide but would LOVE to have a purple one.